Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 in Review



2016 has surely been an excellent year for me, Franchot-wise. I feel that I have gained so many new details on Franchot in the past 12 months and have discovered innumerable nuggets of information that bear more investigation. I started this blog in the spring of 2015 as a personal spot to celebrate someone I admire. My enthusiasm over Mr. Tone only multiplies with passing time it seems. Thanks for checking in here throughout the year and for all your thoughtful comments.

Before ringing in the new year with new posts, I've decided to share a summary of posts from this year. This year, I added summaries, photos, and information on individual plays, television shows, films, and voicework in which Franchot starred. Thankfully, Franchot worked endlessly so I've many films, shows, and plays yet to highlight. I featured more quotes and details about Franchot's personal life (which are my favorite items to read) and participated in many classic film blogathons. I had the best time putting together clips for a tribute video in January, added some neat memorabilia items to my collection, and created a traditional fansite for Franchot last spring. The Finding Franchot fansite still needs some work so I'm planning to focus heavily on finishing those pages this coming month in addition to my regular posting here.

Below, I've categorized and provided links to this year's posts in case you missed them the first time around.  I have a lot of future topics that I'm researching now and excited to share, but would love to hear any specific posts you'd enjoy reading. Please feel free to request any films, events, or subjects related to Franchot you'd like to see here in the future in the comments section of this post. Happy New Year!

Plays
Age of Innocence
The Dirty Old Man
The Gentle People
Strange Interlude

Television
All Hallow's Eve
Shadow Over Elveron
The Award
Eleventh Hour

Movies
Advise and Consent
The Bride Wore Red
Dangerous
Dark Waters
Every Girl Should Be Married
Exclusive Story
Gabriel Over the White House
Gentlemen are Born
The Girl Downstairs
The Gorgeous Hussy
Honeymoon
The King Steps Out
Nobody Runs Forever
Pilot No. 5
The Stranger's Return
Without Honor
Unguarded Hour

Voice Work/Radio
This is the U.N.
Information Please

Personal Life
Friendships/Coworkers: Christopher PlummerDeanna Durbin, Doris Roberts, Helen Ferguson, Horton Foote, John Strasberg, Leading Ladies
Love Affairs: Dolores Dorn, Gloria Vanderbilt, Jean Wallace, Joan Crawford, Olivia DeHavilland
Personality: Acheson Award Presentation, The Actor's Angle, Charlie Chaplin Influence, Early Life in Niagara Falls, Publicity Leaps, Reserved Loner or Master Prankster?, Ties to the Gatineau Fish & Game Club
Politics: Blacklist, Nixon Luncheon, Political Ancestry
Random: French Film Finances, Grape Juice, Lemon Merengue Pie, Old Acquaintance, Photo Deja Vu, Shabby Chic, Stork Business

Blogathons
Agnes Moorehead Blogathon
The Bette Davis Blogathon
Cary Grant Blogathon
Classic Movie Ice Cream Social Blogathon
Hail to the Chief! Blogathon
Joan Crawford Blogathon
Loretta Young Birthday Blogathon
Royalty on Film Blogathon
Second Annual Barrymore Trilogy Blogathon
The Star-Studded Couple Blogathon
You Must Remember This...A Kiss is Just a Kiss Blogathon

No comments:

Post a Comment