Friday, April 1, 2016

April News

Set your DVR! TV Listings for April
Love on the Run (1936) starring Joan Crawford, Clark Gable, and Franchot Tone will air on TCM on Wednesday, April 6 @ 03:00 PM (ET).

Phantom Lady (1944) starring Franchot Tone and Ella Raines will air on TCM on Friday, April 8 @ 06:30 PM (ET).

Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) starring Clark Gable, Charles Laughton, and Franchot Tone will air on TCM on Sunday, April 17 @ 08:00 PM (ET).

Bombshell (1933) starring Jean Harlow and Franchot Tone will air on TCM on Friday, April 22 @ 06:15 PM (ET).

Online
The 1955 Four Star Playhouse television presentation of Award (now in the public domain) is available on Jimbo Berkey's terrific public domain site. You can watch it here. The drama stars Franchot Tone and Ida Lupino.

On the Blog
This blog and my Instagram account dedicated to Franchot both have 1 year anniversaries this month. Thank you to everyone who has followed me and my posts! This has been a wonderful outlet for my Franchot research, film summaries, and discoveries. It has given me the opportunity to meet other fans who admire Franchot's work as much as I do and that has been a true delight!

In April, I'm participating in two exciting classic film blogathons. In a few days, I'll be writing about the 1935 Franchot-Bette collaboration Dangerous for the Bette Davis Blogathon hosted by In The Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood. Later this month, I'll write about Franchot and Joan Crawford's relationship for the Star-Studded Couple Blogathon hosted by Phyllis Loves Classic Movies.

I didn't get a chance to write about the 1944 film Dark Waters in March, so I'll be posting that in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment