Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018: Year in Review

Well, 2018 was definitely my least active posting year so far. That was not intentional and I apologize that I haven't shared as much content as in years past. There are still thousands of posts to be written on Franchot's life and work and my 2019 goal is to tackle them here instead of just writing them up in my head and forgetting to transfer those thoughts to the blog! I'm constantly thinking about, watching, and researching Franchot—my fascination has not waned in the the 3 years and 7 months since I wrote my first post—but I haven't done great with sharing it here lately. Case in point: I uploaded this Christmas-themed clip from That Night With You to Youtube and was going to share it here in a holiday post...I shared it on the Finding Franchot Facebook page, but completely forgot to put it on the actual blog! Here's the clip:





Here's a rundown of 2018's posts and expect a more dedicated Franchot blogger and fansite updater in me in 2019.

Television
The Virginian: The Old Cowboy (1965)
Run For Your Life: Tell It Like It Is (1967)
Wagon Train: The Malachi Hobart Story (1962)
Joining Ben Casey and Harry Landers' Recollections

Film
The Technical Backstory of Jigsaw
The Girl from Missouri (1934)
Charles Brackett's Take on Five Graves to Cairo
She Knew All the Answers (1941)
That Night With You (1945)

Theater
Pre-Hollywood Variety Mentions
Jolly's Progress with Eartha Kitt

The Man
Remembrance
Professional and Personal Collaborations with Actress Sylvia Sidney
420 Layton Drive
Franchot's World War II Draft Card
Early Supporter Garry McGarry
Henry Hathaway on Franchot
The Celebration of Franchot's Birthdays
The Gambler and his Face

The Fansite

Thank you for taking the time to read here and I wish you all the best in the new year!-Emily

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year to you too. I just wanted to let you know that Phantom Lady arrives on Blu-ray March 12. The pre-order page is already up on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete