Saturday, April 25, 2020

Five Year Anniversary

Cheers! This past week marked five years since the first post on Finding Franchot. I've had a wonderful five years connecting with other fans and learning so much about Franchot in the process. Having this space available to share Franchot facts has been such a positive thing in my life and I hope reading it has been positive for you. Thank you!

In the last six months I've made some additional pages on the blog that may not be readily apparent if you're using a mobile device so I wanted to point those out in this post. For several years I also had a separate fansite where I uploaded photos and a timeline and life history of Franchot. This past year I decided to merge all of that information here in one place on the original blog. It seemed silly to be paying for a separate website when I was mostly utilizing this free blog for my posts and I realized I could host all of those pages here on the blog in a quality way. So now it's all in one place, easier for me to keep up with, and I can spend the money I save from not paying for a website to buying more Franchot photos (always a perk!).

Obviously, there are my regular blog posts here, but there are also the following pages:

Photos - where I've posted all my scanned photos of Franchot and newspaper clipping photos


Timeline and Facts - where I've posted a timeline of Franchot's life, fast facts, his obituary and a biographical sketch


Quotes - where I've posted statements made by Franchot and by other notable people about Franchot


Family - where I've posted photos and links to information about Franchot's parents, brother, ancestors, wives, and sons


Filmography - where I've posted summaries, links to detailed blog posts and photos for Franchot's movies


Theater - where I've posted play titles with photos and links to detailed blog posts for Franchot's theater work


TV & Radio - where I've posted titles with photos and links to detailed blog posts for Franchot's television and radio work


If you were wondering where the fansite went, it's just moved its home to this original space. I have more information and photos to add to these pages and I'll continue to do so. Thanks for your support and patience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment