Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Joan Crawford on Franchot Tone

Joan Crawford on why her marriage to Franchot did not last. (To be fair though, Joan is taking quite a bit of the blame, when both Franchot and she contributed to the deterioration of their marriage.)

"Franchot loved the theater and despised Hollywood, and I wasn't as nice to him, or as considerate, as I should have been. I was extremely busy during those years, and I didn't realize that his insecurities and dissatisfactions ran so deeply...[he was] mature and stimulating. I missed him a lot, for a long, long time. The breakup was another career casualty. If I'd tried a little harder--well, who knows?"


Source: Spoto, Donald. Possessed: The Life of Joan Crawford. New York: William Morrow, 2010. 134-135. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment