Saturday, February 10, 2018

Happy February!

I've been delving into the LA Times archive and am having a great time researching there but am not quite finished with a new blog post yet. Also, I've been without home internet which has really hindered my blog time. It should be restored next week! In the meantime, I thought I'd share some where-to-watch Franchot announcements.

Franchot on Amazon Prime
Right now there are two Franchot movies you can stream for free if you are an Amazon Prime member. Film noir Jigsaw stars Franchot as a district attorney who attempts to uncover the organization behind a recent murder. Each dangerous encounter leads to another in this low-budget but well-plotted noir and Franchot gives a great performance. This film is also notable because it features Franchot's wife Jean Wallace and some great cameos by John Garfield, Marlene Dietrich, Henry Fonda, and more.

Watch here. (It's also on Youtube if you don't have Prime.)

I'm very excited that Dark Waters has also made it to Amazon Prime. This is a rare gothic noir starring Franchot and Merle Oberon. I think there are some flaws here and there, but I love this film! It's an unusual, moody and romantic little gem (and Franchot is. I wrote about my love for this film in an earlier post that you can read here. It's one of my favorite Franchot films to watch and rarely found online, so enjoy!

Watch here.

Upcoming Franchot on TCM (Turner Classic Movies)
February 25 at 8 p.m.: Mutiny on the Bounty
February 26 at 10 a.m.: The Lives of a Bengal Lancer

No comments:

Post a Comment